School Tuition Fees
School Fees, levied per family, are consistent throughout the Diocese and are reviewed annually. Accounts are forwarded to parents by Week 3 of each term, and parents are requested to pay within the specified time. Parents who are unable to meet payments because of genuine hardship, should arrange to discuss the matter with the Principal (see Concessions below). Such matters are treated with strict confidentiality and sensitivity. Direct debit payments are encouraged.
In addition to tuition fees, the following levies are payable:
- General Purpose Levy(per child, yearly) to cover cost of art materials, class craft, photocopy paper etc.
- Activities Levy (per child, yearly)to cover the cost of school performances, swimming program, some excursions and bus travel for school events.
- Capital Levy(per family, yearly) to cover maintenance of existing buildings and loan repayments as well as gardens and grounds maintenance.
- P & F Levy(per family, yearly) is paid in lieu of conducting any fundraising activities during the school year, the only exception being the conducting of an annual school fete. This supports the students in resources and identified projects and purchases discussed at P & F meetings.
- Technology Levy(per family, yearly) helps to cover the cost of providing current technology.
Discounts & Concessions
Country schools in the Cairns Diocese, including St Clare’s, are eligible for a Country Discount and a Family Discount also applies for siblings at one or more Catholic schools in the Diocese.
An automatic and generous Concession Card discount applies and requests for special consideration are also encouraged by those experiencing genuine financial difficulty who do not hold a Concession Card.
For more information on Fees, Levies, Discounts and Concessions, visit the Catholic Education website.